Codie has been studying the Sermon on the Mount and wishes to share these takeaways –
- Chill out. Smile a lot. If you look especially cute, which I do, you get more food. (“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on.”)
- Live in the present. Otherwise, you’ll miss bowls to lick, mail carriers to greet, a little black dog to annoy. (“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.”)
- No judging. You may not be fond of that little black dog who lives with you, but deal with it. Apparently she’s not going away. ( “Judge not, that you be not judged.”)
- Want love? Then give love. Want kisses? Then give kisses. (“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them.”)
- Beg profusely. God rewards persistence. (“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”)
- Go the extra mile. Bark jubilantly and relentlessly when someone comes to the door, even louder when someone looks like they’re thinking about coming to the door. (“And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.”)
- Forgive everyone – even when they refuse to get up at 5:00 AM after you’ve showered them with kisses. Even when they tell you to get off the bed. Even when they forget to walk you. (“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.“)
Codie is thinking of starting a Bible study. To attend, you must bring a yellow tennis ball and a box of treats. And naturally you should be OK with full-face kisses.
Love this! Wonderful! I see a book series and a weekly tv show!